Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Really?!?!


So I’m smack dab in the middle of week 2 KILLING myself at the gym.  I have taken only one day off.  I’m not eating burgers and shakes at my work, I’ve nearly cut out soda, and no more late night snacks.  My work out partner is an active duty military man who literally pushes me to the point of puking. 

I decided (against my better judgment) to hop on the scale at the end of our two hour shoulder onslaught today only to find that in the span of 11 days that I have GAINED 10 POUNDS!!!  Mother $%&*$&!!! 

What is wrong with my body?  I do cardio to the point my legs start to buckle, I watch what I eat, I train really hard…  I know it’s only been 11 days, but what about those fat people at the Biggest Loser?  They put up serious numbers the first couple weeks. 

I do feel pretty good, though, especially after a good workout.  Kinda like the Incredible Hulk.  Grrrr.  Wish I looked like the Hulk.  Only not green.  Anyway – I still get winded going up two flights of stairs, and you know, it would just be nice to start to see the hard work paying off. 

Hebrews talks about all the people in the Bible who kept the faith, even through prison and martyrdom.  All the people who remained faithful to Jesus even though they never got to see the promises He made fulfilled here on earth.  I think I need to go back there and find inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment