Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heavy

Monica, my boss at Kidd Valley, is a pretty cool chick.  She’s only a couple years older than me, she’s a single mom, ex musician, and she has been with Kidd Valley for something like 20 years.  She recently started Weight Watchers with a friend and has lost over 40 lbs.  We talk about dieting and encourage each other about working out and being healthy.  We also talk about Biggest Loser and she brought up the new show Heavy. 

Last night, after I thought I permanently screwed up my back in the gym, I shuffled to my car.  You know the kind of walk where you’re trying not to use ANY core muscles but you’re spasming anyway?  Once I was able to sit, I was ok.  Got home and On Demanded the show Heavy. 

I literally had tears in my eyes the whole time.  I work at a place that might as well be handing out little slow death pills.  An average meal can consist of over 2000 calories with over 50g saturated fat.  Most of my customers are overweight.  Most of my country is overweight.  I am overweight. 

I have made a commitment to myself to get healthy and I have been following through with that commitment.  I know how hard it is to motivate yourself to change and how most of your problems are psychological.  I know what kind of work it takes to initiate the change and I really feel for the people who feel hopeless.  I want to help them somehow. 

Maybe God is trying to show me something, I don’t know.  I just know the first step is to get myself right.  It’s a long, hard battle, but I’m already fighting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment