Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Psalm Of Brokenness

See me.
I am a body, hands and feet.
I have a will to suit me.
Mine is a mastery of indulgence
Under the guise of freedom,
Denying myself little
In the pursuit of happiness;
Exhausted, alone and afraid.

Things I’ve done
Don’t scare me half as much
As when you see me.
I can’t meet your eyes.
You are not like the rest, you see my heart.
Your honesty shines like a torch
To burn through the secret of night
And all her lies.

Before you I am humbled,
On my knees, overcome;
Enveloped by the intensity
Of your passionate love.
Hear my cry, my King,
Let your Spirit take root in my soul.
Shine through my vessel
With the light of a million stars.

Let me give voice to your word
To all who would hear,
Praise to your name
For the rest of my years;
Restore the gift of life
To your lost lamb as you take my hand.
Lead me on the path
That I might be closer always to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment