Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Provision

My absent companion beckons softly
Unknown but for splendor in imagination;
Buried inside a hopeless tomb
Where I am secret, out of sight.

She remains always tragically aloof
Mysterious, vacant from my embrace;
A whispering incantation
Taunting cruelly.

Would I have eyes to see her
As straining toward a distant light?
I am forsaken in love,
Weathered and weary with the passage of time.

Alone I struggle against an idea
Without form or substance;
Plagues of inadequacy and doubt, fear and depression
Stifling my very breath in the emptiness of night.

Firestorms of youthful fervor
Flicker now in solitary abandon;
Still my prayers ascend ever vigilant
Despite the doubts of a wounded heart.

I ask openly, exposed,
For even a glimpse of her,
As magnificent and lovely as she must be;
My haunting enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment