Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Body

I was reflecting the other day on the events of the day thus far, the typical Sunday for me with Epic Life Church.  I usually get up around 6:30am so I can load up instruments from the Axis and be at the theater by 7:15.  Set up for the band takes over an hour of combined work by the band plus five or more extra volunteers.  As we’re doing our sound check, another crew is setting up children’s church and still others are putting sandwich boards out, setting up tables and coffee in the lobby, etc…

This week we were absent our Lead Pastor, but our “Leader” still showed up in a big way.  One of the things I think is so special about our little church is that most of the people who attend are involved in some way in running it.  Our service to attendance ratio is huge.  That speaks volumes about the path we are on being ordained, our leaders being called and our mission being true.

Watching our body step in to fill the gaps is so cool.  It’s not just Sundays either, some ones got a car that needs work, it gets fixed at little to no charge.  If you’ve got some home repairs that you need help with, a ride to the airport, it’s all taken care of.  That’s the body of Christ taking care of itself in order to remain healthy and strong, because if we can’t take care of our self, how are we to spread the love of Christ in our community?

I just wanted to acknowledge everyone and spread some love around.  You are special, you are loved and you are a light in the darkness, Epic Life.  I can’t even tell you with words.  I wish I could just give the whole church a big hug and buy you stuff or grant each of you a wish or something.  

1 comment: